For this monthï¿½s ï¿½Camp10ï¿½ ï¿½ the new column in which we ask a well-known local LGBT figure a series of 10 thought-provoking questions ï¿½ we visited political activist Christene Main, which seems appropriate with mid-term elections here. Main has a degree in political science and has worked for the minority whip of the Virginia House of Delegates. Locally, she has volunteered many hours for the Kansas City office of the Human Rights Campaign, for which she still produces the winter fundraiser ï¿½Battle of the Bands.ï¿½
We caught up with the always energetic and cheerful Main, a preacherï¿½s daughter who hails from Nebraska, as she was in the midst of relocation efforts to Arkansas for a new position in sales. Here are her revealing answers.
1) Whatï¿½s your current state of mind?
2) Whatï¿½s your idea of perfect happiness?
A Democratic president, a Democratic legislature.
3) For you, what would be your idea of
Being stuck in an NRA convention with the Christian Coalition across the street.
4) What trait do you most dislike about yourself?
I am incredibly sensitive and I internalize everything.
5) What do you think is the greatest quality a person can have?
6) What talent or ability would you most like to have?
I would like to go back to when I was competitively playing [violin>.
7) Who, in your opinion, is the NCAAï